Migrating the Zoom app in Azure to OAuth
As of June 1, customers will no longer be able to create new JWT apps. However, we have extended the final end-of-life date to September 1. Authentication for tokens created using the JWT app type will stop functioning on this day, so to prevent disruption we recommended migrating to OAuth authentication as soon as possible.
Note: Failure to make the change will break your Azure auto-provisioning.
Prerequisites for migrating the Zoom app in Azure to OAuth
- Zoom account owner or admin privileges
- Business, or Enterprise account
- Azure admin
How to update the Zoom app in Azure with OAuth
- Click the following link to enable OAuth support in Azure and sign in if you are not already signed in.
Note: OAuth will not be available if you do not use the above link.
- Click the Azure Active Directory icon. If it is not showing, you may find it under More Services in the left panel.
- Click Enterprise Applications.
- Search and click the Zoom application you created.
- Under Manage, click Provisioning.
- On the top, click Edit Provisioning.
- In the Provisioning page, expand Admin Credentials and do the following:
- Under Authentication Method, select OAuth2 Authorization Code Grant.
- Verify that https://api.zoom.us/scim is set as the Tenant URL.
A window will open to add the Azure Identity app through the Zoom Marketplace.
Note: If the Authorize button is greyed out, re-authorize your JWT Token.
- Sign in to the Zoom Web portal if you are not already signed in, review the app permissions, and click Allow.
On the top right, a notification will appear once the processing authorization is complete.
- Click Test Connection, to confirm that Azure is able to connect to Zoom via API.
On the top right, a notification will appear once the test is complete.
Note: It may take a few minutes for Azure to save the settings on the back end. Until the settings are appropriately set on the back end, the test connection may return a test failure. Please wait a few minutes and attempt Test Connection again.
- On the top, click Save.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.