Coaching knowledge bases
Coaching is an important aspect of knowledge management. After creating a knowledge base, you can start coaching to help the bot improve the quality of responses provided to the customers. With Zoom Virtual Agent, there are two levels of coaching that can be utilized:
- Article Selection: This primarily helps to train the Information Retrieval (IR) model. By selecting up to 3 most relevant articles, you are teaching the system the best document sets for that specific type of query. This allows the system to better understand which articles to provide as responses to customer inquiries.
- Span Selection: This allows you to select the relevant span of text within an article. By doing so, you are training the Q&A (Question and Answer) model on the appropriate solution. This enables the system to provide more accurate responses to specific queries.
Prerequisites for coaching knowledge bases
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Basic, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Virtual Agent license
- Knowledge base created
How to coach knowledge bases
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management and then Knowledge Base.
- To the right of the knowledge base you want to coach, click the ellipsis icon and select one of the following options:
- Coach: This takes you to the Coach tab where you can begin training queries.
- Upload Queries: To coach a knowledge base, you need to upload queries first. Select or drag a CSV file with frequently asked queries from your customers to start coaching. You have the option to upload queries for a specific group, a particular knowledge base, or for all the knowledge bases you have.
- In the Coach tab, choose one of the following options:
- Upload new manual queries: To add more queries, click Upload Queries and select the CSV file containing the queries to train.
- Recommendations: This shows the total number of uploaded queries. Click Queries uploaded to start coaching.
- Quick Training: Select 10, 20, or 50 real customer-submitted queries randomly for group coaching.
- Search for Queries: Use the search tab and filter to find real customer queries or manually uploaded queries. If what you searched for is not available, then you can manually add the query and coach it.
- The date filter displays queries within the selected dates.
- Knowledge Bases drop-down: This shows queries related to the selected knowledge base or knowledge base groups. For example, if you have 3 knowledge bases, only queries linked to the knowledge base you selected from the drop-down will show. As a result, this filtering system may limit the search for individual coaching on certain queries.
- Language drop-down: From the language drop-down menu, select the language in which your knowledge base is available, and you want to coach.
In the Coach Tool tab, choose from the following options:
- Select Article as answer: Allows you to search for or select suggested articles as answers to the query.
- Create a custom answer: Allows you to select snippets in your knowledge base articles to provide more precise answers to your customers’ questions.
Note: You can select up to 3 answers, which can be a combination of articles and spans.
Click Coach.The next query to be coached will appear.
- Repeat steps 5 to 6 until you finish coaching the last query uploaded. After coaching all the queries, a message will appear, indicating that you’ve finished coaching.
- (Optional) Click Go back to Dashboard.
- Sync your knowledge base.
Note: It is important to sync your knowledge base after coaching to ensure that the changes and updates made during the coaching process are applied and reflected in the knowledge base.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.