Managing Zoom Whiteboard user permissions
To manage the level of control that other users have over the whiteboard, Zoom Whiteboard owners can adjust the permission settings for those who are granted access. This article will cover the different types of permissions that can be assigned to users, as well as the corresponding actions that each permission level allows them to perform.
This article covers:
- User permission types for Zoom Whiteboard
- How to set or change the permission level for users with access to the whiteboard
- How to remove a user’s access to the whiteboard
Prerequisites for managing Zoom Whiteboard user permissions
- Zoom Whiteboard owners
User permission types for Zoom Whiteboard
- Co-owner: Users with link access can have the same permissions as the original board owner, including sharing, editing, commenting, and deleting.
- Editor: Users with link access can edit the board.
- Commenter: Users with link access can comment on the board.
- Viewer: Users with link access can view the board.
|Change user roles||Yes||No||No||No|
|Add/Reply to a comment||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Edit comment||Yes||Yes||Yes, only for comments added by this user||No|
|Delete comment||Yes||Yes||Yes, only for comments added by this user||No|
How to set or change the permission level for users with access to the whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- At the top left of the whiteboard page, click Share.
- Enter the contact names, Zoom Team Chat channel, or email addresses of the users you would like to share the whiteboard with.
- Set their permissions with the drop-down arrow to the right of the entry box.
- To change the permission of a user who already has access to the whiteboard, click the drop-down arrow to the right or the user’s name and choose a new permission level.
How to remove a user’s access to the whiteboard
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.