Creating a knowledge base through CRM API connection
A knowledge base helps you organize and use important information to improve customer interactions and support your business. When you connect your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to a knowledge base, you can transform all the helpful information in your CRM into a valuable knowledge base. This makes it easy for your team and customer support agents to find the most current and accurate information, so they can provide the best assistance to customers.
Note: In addition to integrating with CRM APIs, admins have the option to use web sync or manually create a knowledge base.
Prerequisites for creating a knowledge base through CRM API connection
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Basic, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Virtual Agent license
- Established connection in the Integrations page
How to create a knowledge base through CRM API connection
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management and then Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, choose a connector type from the drop-down menu. The available options for API connection include Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Zendesk.
- Click Connect.
- Provide the following details:
- Name your Knowledge Base: Enter a display name for your knowledge base.
- Channel: Specify the channel or platform where the knowledge base will be used.
- Article Fields: Define the fields or attributes that will be associated with the articles in the knowledge base.
- Site: Specify the site or location where the knowledge base will be hosted.
- (Optional) To exclude images and/or videos from being extracted and added to your knowledge base, deselect the box next to Show Images and/or Show Videos. By default, these options are selected, indicating that images and videos will be included in the extraction process.
- (Optional) Deselect the checkboxes next to category names to exclude the categories that you do not wish to include in your machine learning model.
- Check the box next to Add new categories on Knowledge Base syncs. Learn more about syncing a knowledge base.
- Click Add.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.