Creating a knowledge base through web sync
Customers who have existing knowledge base content on their website can easily keep their chatbot's answers up-to-date using the web sync feature. This feature uses a customer's existing sitemap or allow users to upload a URL to select a target domain, import content, and customize the crawler to select relevant sections of their knowledge base. This website content can be coached just like API and manual content to improve the answers provided to end users.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for creating a knowledge base through web sync
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Basic, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Virtual Agent license
How to create a knowledge base through web sync
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management and then Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, choose a connector type from the drop-down menu. Under Web Sync, you can choose between the following options:
- Sitemap: This option allows you to sync your knowledge base using a sitemap.
- URL Upload: This option enables you to sync your knowledge base by uploading specific URLs.
Note: The sitemap can support up to 500,000 website URLs
- Click Connect.
- Provide the following details:
- Name your Knowledge Base: Enter a display name for your knowledge base.
- Extraction Rules: To exclude images and/or videos from being extracted and added to your knowledge base, deselect the box next to Show Images and/or Show Videos. By default, these options are selected, indicating that images and videos will be included in the extraction process.
- URL: Enter the URL from where you want to extract information for your knowledge base.
Note: This field is not available if you selected URL Upload.
- Click Continue.
- If you selected Sitemap, select the pages to sync. The number of pages to be synced will be shown at the bottom.
If you selected URL Upload, select or drag a CSV file containing the URLs from where you want to extract information for your knowledge base.
- Select the languages from your knowledge base that you want to add.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Add the selector elements for your articles to help improve the accuracy. You may need to ask your web manager for help with identifying the selector elements.
- Page Title Trimmer: Remove keywords that repeat in the page title.
- Content Selector: Narrow down location of knowledge content. For example, if content is within <div class="content"> tags, enter .content as the selector.
- Ignore Selector: Removes extra details such as author and dates.
- Click Add (if Sitemap is selected) or Start Sync (if URL Upload is selected).
Limitations of a website knowledge base
- Web knowledge bases are limited to 5000 articles per knowledge base.
- The following CRMs will not work with web sync:
- Zendesk: This blocks this sort of crawling but is fully supported via API connections
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.