Creating a knowledge base manually
Creating a knowledge base manually gives you full control over its content, ensuring accuracy and relevance. This allows you to create and maintain a customized knowledge base that meets your specific requirements. You can add information in bulk through CSV file uploads or add articles individually. Once established, you can easily add new items and make edits as needed.
Note: In addition to manual creation, there are alternative methods for building a knowledge base, such as utilizing web sync or establishing connections with CRM APIs.
Prerequisites for creating a knowledge base manually
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Basic, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Virtual Agent license
How to create a knowledge base manually
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management and then Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, click Create a manual Knowledge Base instead.
- Enter a display name for your knowledge base.
- Select or drag a CSV file with knowledge base content to be used by any of your chatbots.
Note: You can download a sample CSV file to show the required formatting or skip the upload to manually add the knowledge content.
- Click Upload.
You will see the list of articles the chatbot will use to respond to customer queries.
- (Optional) If you select Skip Upload, click Add Article and enter the following:
- Title: This could be a question that the customer can enter into the chatbot.
- Content: This could be the answer to the customer's question entered into the chatbot. You can modify and edit the text by using the formatting options available in the text editor.
- Category (optional): Enter a category which best describes the topic of the article.
- URL (optional): URL of the article.
- Click Save.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.