Enabling Chat Thread Summary with AI Companion
Admins can control the use of Zoom AI Companion Thread Summary for Team Chat. Team Chat Thread Summary leverages AI technology, which may include third-party models, to help users summarize lengthy threads and catch up on important details at a glance.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for enabling and disabling Thread Summary for Team Chat
- A Zoom Pro, Zoom One Business, Zoom One Business Plus, Zoom One Enterprise, Zoom One Enterprise Plus, or Enterprise Bundle account
Note: AI Companion may not be available for select verticals and select regional customers.
- This feature is available to customers with an active BAA. Learn more about AI Companion feature availability.
- Account owner or admin privileges
Note on Data Usage
Zoom does not use any customer audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom’s or third-party AI models.
We evaluate and update our models periodically and those used to support Zoom AI Companion may change from time to time. For features in AI Companion that use third-party AI model providers, we will share relevant data with those third-parties when you use the feature. For example, if you use Thread Summary to help condense a threaded discussion in Zoom Team Chat, the chat thread messages and chat participant names will be sent to the relevant model to provide the service. Data may be processed within U.S. based data centers.
Learn more about how Zoom uses data to provide Zoom AI Companion features.
Limitations of Thread Summary
- Currently, Team Chat Thread Summary is only supported in English.
- Use of Team Chat Thread Summary with AI Companion is not available in all countries.
How to enable or disable Thread Summary
To enable or disable Thread Summary for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the AI Companion tab.
- Under Team Chat, click the Team Chat Thread Summary with AI Companion toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
If Team Chat Thread Summary with AI Companion is disabled, there will be an additional option below, allowing admins to control if the Summarize with Zoom AI Companion option is still shown in Team Chat or not. If shown in Team Chat, users can request to have the feature enabled, which sends an enablement request email from Zoom to all admins.
- If Shown in Team Chat is displayed, Team Chat users will still see the Summarize with AI Companion option and have the option to request an admin enable this feature.
- If Hidden in Team Chat is displayed, Team Chat users will not see the Summarize with AI Companion option nor the ability to request admin enablement. The user would need to request an admin provide them access to this feature.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.