Zoom offers multiple options to schedule a meeting.
- Schedule from the Zoom App (desktop or mobile)
- Schedule from the Zoom Web Portal
- Schedule from plugin (Chrome, Outlook, Firefox)
The Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin is designed to make scheduling a meeting in Microsoft Outlook quick and convenient. The Plugin allows you to schedule and start instant Zoom meetings, as well as make existing meeting events Zoom meetings. The Outlook Plugin will also sync free/busy times to the Zoom Client based on your Outlook Calendar events (requires version 3.5 or higher - download the latest version).
- Windows: Microsoft Outlook 2010 or higher (2007 with limited features)
- Mac: Microsoft Outlook 2011 or higher
- You must have the Zoom client installed and be logged in to your account
- Install the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin from Zoom
You can download the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin MSI file from the Download Center. Once the download is complete, run the MSI file and follow the install wizard to complete the installation. You will need to restart Outlook before using the Plugin.
Using the Zoom Outlook Plugin
Note: Several versions of Outlook do not support the options to Schedule a Meeting or Start Instant Meeting. If you do not see these in the main ribbon bar, please check to see if they appear after creating a new appointment or calendar event.
Scheduling A Meeting
1) Select the Schedule a Meeting button (seen above)
2) Input your desired settings in to the Settings dialogue that appears. Selecting "Save as default" will make the current selections the default for all future scheduled meetings using the Outlook Plugin.
3) A calendar invitation will appear with the Zoom information generated automatically.
- You can cancel the Zoom meeting or change the settings of the Zoom meeting in the calendar invitation by selecting the corresponding buttons in the menu.
Making an Existing Invitation a Zoom Meeting
1) Open your calendar invitation in Outlook
2) In the calendar invitation window, select the Schedule a Meeting button in the menu and enter your desired settings in the dialogue box that appears
Making a New Calendar Invitation a Zoom Meeting
2) You can now select to either "Schedule A Meeting" or Personal Audio Conference to schedule the meeting type of your choice
Missing plug-in icon:
If you do not see the "Schedule a meeting" icon in the menu ribbon. Select and open your "Outlook options."
1. Select "Disabled Items," choose the Zoom outlook plug-in and select "Enable."
2. Select the "Com Add-ins" and then check the "Zoom outlook plug-in" box.