Published November 2016
Zoom Video Webinar allows you to broadcast a Zoom meeting to up to 10000 view-only attendees. As the host or a panelist, you can share your screen, video and audio in a webinar and attendees can use the chat or question and answer options to interact with the host and panelists.
Webinars can require preregistration, with the option for the host to add custom registration questions, or registration can be turned off for attendees to join by simply clicking a link at the time of the webinar. Webinars can be held once, can reoccur in a series, or can be the same session held multiple times.
This article covers:
- How to Purchase
- Registration for Webinars
- Scheduling a Webinar
- Inviting Attendees and Panelists
- Starting a Webinar
- Must purchase a Webinar plan of 100, 500, 1000, 3000, 5000, or 10000 participants
- Host user type must be Pro, and be assigned the Webinar license
- Zoom Desktop Client version 3.0+
- Zoom Mobile App version 3.0+
Note: Zoom Rooms and CRC (H.323 and SIP) devices can join a webinar and be a panelist, but they cannot be the host of the webinar.
Webinars can require preregistration before the event. The host can either automatically approve all registrants or manually approve. The host can add custom registration questions and pull reports on the registration.
Alternatively, the host can turn off registration for the webinar. The attendees will still be required to enter their name and email address upon joining and the reports will be limited to this information.
There are two approval methods for webinars that require registration
- Manually Approve Registrants - The host of the Webinar will manually approve or decline a registrants approval. If a registrant is approved, they will receive an email with details on how to join the webinar.
- Automatically Approve Registrants - All registrants to the webinar will automatically receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the webinar.
- Learn how to schedule a Webinar that requires registration here.
- Learn how to schedule a registrationless Webinar here.
Panelists are full participants in the meeting. They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. You can have 100 panelists (including the host) in a Webinar. Please note that panelists will receive a direct email invitation separate from the attendees of the Webinar.
Attendees are view-only participants who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A and the chat.
If the webinar does not require registration, you can copy the join link and share with your attendees.
If the webinar requires registration, the host will need to share the registration link and have the attendees complete the registration form. Once registered, they will receive an email notification with a unique join link.
There are three different ways to invite attendees to register:
- Copy the registration URL and share via email, your website, etc.
- Select Copy the invitation to view and copy the invitation created by Zoom to send out to your attendees.
- Select Email me the invitation to receive a copy of the Zoom invitation that you can then forward to potential attendees.
There are a few ways that you can start your webinar.
- Go to your Webinar tab, find the webinar, and click Start.
- In the Zoom client, click on the Meetings tab. Find the webinar, and click Start.
- If you have added this to your calendar, click on the link displayed on your calendar reminder. Make sure that you are logged into your Zoom account before clicking the link.