Getting started with Android
This article gives a summary of the features available on Android. Using the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on Android, you can join meetings, schedule your own meetings, chat with contacts, and view a directory of contacts.
Note: Some features may not be available due to license or add-on restrictions. Please refer to feature specific articles for more info about prerequisites and configuration.
This article covers:
- How to sign in and join a meeting with Android
- How to use the Meet & Chat features with Android
- How to use Zoom Phone with Android
- How to view upcoming meetings with Android
- How to access settings with Android
Prerequisites for using Zoom with Android
- Zoom Cloud Meetings app (available on Google Play)
How to sign in and join a meeting with Android
After launching Zoom, click Join a Meeting to join a meeting without signing in. If you want to log in to start or schedule your own meeting, tap Sign In.
To sign in, use your Zoom, Google, or Facebook account. You can also log in using SSO. If you don't have an account, tap Sign Up. If you have a Zoom account but cannot remember your password, tap Forgot Password.
How to use the Meet & Chat features with Android
After signing in, tap Meet & Chat for these meeting features:
- New Meeting : Start an instant meeting using your PMI or a new meeting ID. Learn about in-meeting controls for hosts.
- Join : Join a meeting using the meeting ID. Learn about in-meeting controls for attendees.
- Schedule : Schedule a one-time or recurring meeting.
- Share Screen : Enter a sharing key or meeting ID to share your device screen to a Zoom Room.
- Call a Room : Call a H.323 or SIP device and begin a meeting with that device. This requires an additional add-on for the account and the H.323/SIP device's IP address or URI.
- Starred: View and start a chat with your starred contacts and channels.
- Tap your name to use your personal chat space.
- Other contacts and chat channels will follow
You also have access to these features:
- Zoom Room pairing icon : Pair with a nearby Zoom Room to control the meeting from your mobile app instead of the Zoom Room controller.
- Compose icon : Start a new one-on-one chat with a contact.
How to use Zoom Phone with Android
Tap Phone to use Zoom Phone features.
Note: Zoom Phone license required.
- Keypad icon Call a number or contact using your direct phone number or company number.
- History tab: View your call log showing answered, missed, and recorded calls.
- Voicemail tab: Play and delete voicemail messages.
- Lines tab: View any lines you have access to.
- SMS tab: View any SMS messages you have sent or received.
- Compose icon : Start a new SMS message.
How to view upcoming meetings with Android
Tap Meetings to see your Personal Meeting Room information and other upcoming scheduled meetings.
Upcoming meetings will be listed by date, with no fixed time recurring meetings listed at the bottom.
If you do not see a scheduled meeting, tap the refresh icon in the top-right corner.
Note: Zoom will only show your scheduled meetings by default and any meetings you have been invited to will not be shown. You will need to integrate your calendar with Zoom to display meetings you've been invited to or other non-Zoom meetings.
How to view contacts with Android
Tap Contacts to list all your contacts and add new ones.
- Contacts tab: Tap the contacts to see your options, such as start a one-on-one chat with them, start a meeting or phone call, and see their status and other information.
- Channels tab: View a directory of your channels (used for group messaging). Starred channels appear at the top of the list.
- Apps tab: View the list of apps you have connected, typically in the form of automated chatbots.
- Plus icon : Show options for contacts and channels. You can add a contact, create a contact group, create a channel, join a channel, or add an app from our Marketplace.
How to access settings with Android
Tap Settings to view meeting and chat settings.
- Tap your name to change your profile picture, name, and password.
- Meeting: Change settings regarding meetings, such as enabling/disabling your microphone, mirror video, and others.
- Contacts: Find phone contacts that are using Zoom, and approve contact requests.
- Chat: Changes settings related to chat, such as notifications, unready message order, and others.
- Phone (only visible if you have Zoom Phone): Change settings related to call queues, shared line groups, and others.
- General: Change generic settings, such as ringtones.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.