This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom Mobile App on iOS, iPadOS, and Android.
This article covers:
- Supported operating systems
- Supported browsers for web start
- Processor requirement
- Bandwidth recommendations
- An Internet connection – WiFi (a/g/n/ac) or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- (Optional) Bluetooth wireless speakers and microphone
Note: See the list of supported devices.
Supported operating systems
- iOS 8.0 or later:
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
Supported browsers for web start
- iOS/iPadOS: Safari5+, Chrome
- Android: Webkit (default), Chrome
- Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better (non-Intel)
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G or WiFi
Recommended bandwidth over WiFi:
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (up/down) for high quality video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video
- For group video calling: 600kbps/1.2Mbps (up/down) for high quality video. For gallery view: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down).