Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android
This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom Mobile App on iOS, iPadOS, and Android.
This article covers:
- Supported operating systems
- Supported browsers for web start
- Processor requirement
- Bandwidth recommendations
- An Internet connection – WiFi (a/g/n/ac) or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- (Optional) Bluetooth wireless speakers and microphone
Note: See the list of supported devices.
Supported operating systems
- iOS 8.0* or later:
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
*Note: Zoom will be ending support for 32-bit iOS devices in August 2022. This will affect iPhone 5/5C and below, iPad (4th generation and below), and iPad mini 2 and below.
Supported browsers for web start
- iOS/iPadOS: Safari5+, Chrome
- Android: Webkit (default), Chrome
- Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better (non-Intel)
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G or WiFi
Recommended bandwidth over WiFi:
- For high-quality video: 1.0 Mbps/600kbps (up/down)
- For 720p HD video: 2.6 Mbps/1.8 Mbps (up/down)
- For 1080p HD video: 3.8 Mbps/3.0 Mbps (up/down)
- For gallery view receiving: 2.0 Mbps (25 views), 4.0 Mbps (49 views)
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.