Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android
This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom Mobile App on iOS, iPadOS, and Android.
This article covers:
- Supported operating systems
- Supported browsers for web start
- Processor requirement
- Bandwidth recommendations
- An Internet connection – WiFi (a/g/n/ac) or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- (Optional) Bluetooth wireless speakers and microphone
Note: See the list of supported devices.
Supported operating systems
- iOS 8.0* or later:
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
*Note: Zoom no longer supports 32-bit iOS devices as of August 2022. Starting December 2022, Zoom will be ending support for iOS 10 and below. You will need to be on iOS 11 or later in order to continue receiving updates.
Supported browsers for web start
- iOS/iPadOS: Safari5+, Chrome
- Android: Webkit (default), Chrome
- Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better (non-Intel)
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G or WiFi
Recommended bandwidth over WiFi:
- For high-quality video: 1.0 Mbps/600kbps (up/down)
- For 720p HD video: 2.6 Mbps/1.8 Mbps (up/down)
- For 1080p HD video: 3.8 Mbps/3.0 Mbps (up/down)
- For gallery view receiving: 2.0 Mbps (25 views), 4.0 Mbps (49 views)
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.