You can change your video layout when joined into a meeting from an H.323 or SIP device. You can also configure a video layout as the default in the H.323/SIP Configuration or change the layout with the dial string.
This article covers:
- Switching Video Layout in Meeting
- Select Video Layout in Dial String
- Video Layouts for H.323/SIP
- Room Connector add-on plan
- Press 1 via DTMF tones to access the menu (shown below)
- Polycom: Press # to activate the keypad for DTMF tones
- Tandberg: Press # to activate "Touch Tones"
- Lifesize: Press to toggle between presets and DTMF mode
- Sony: Press * to activate DTMF mode, Enter to exit (microphone will not be active in DTMF mode)
- Aver: Press Far/Near button on remote control to toggle between camera presets and DTMF mode
- On some devices, you will need to toggle your remote to send DTMF tones.
- 1 Participant: Active Speaker only
- 2-4 Participants: 2x2, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 5-9 Participants: 2x2, 3x3, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 10-16 participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 17+ Participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- Press 4 or 6 to page between screens if current Gallery View doesn't show all participants
The default layout of a meeting is Gallery View, unless you select a different option in your H.323/SIP Configuration. To change the video layout when entering the meeting, you can do the following:
For H.323 devices, enter ##11 at the end of your dial string (#11 if a meeting password has been entered.
- Format: [IP Address]##[Meeting ID]#[Password]#11
For SIP devices, enter ..11 after the Meeting ID (.11 if a meeting password is entered)
- Format: [Meeting ID].[Password][email protected][IP Address]
Entering 11 in the dial string will move to the next video layout option. If you have Gallery View set as the video layout in the H.323/SIP Configuration, entering 11 will toggle to Full Screen and 1111 will toggle to Active Presence. If you have a different default selected, it will move to the next video layout, in the order of Gallery, Full Screen, then Active Presence.
See H.323/SIP Room Connector Dial Strings for more information.
Gallery view allows you to see up to 25 participants at a time. Depending on the number of participants, it will do a grid of 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5. If you have more than 25 participants, press 1 to activate the menu and then 4 or 6 to go through additional screens.
Active presence layout mimics the active speaker view from the Zoom desktop client. This video layout will display a large video window with the current active speaker with up to 5 thumbnail videos of other recently active participants below it.
This article answers:
- How Do I Switch Layout for Room Systems?
- What are the video layout options for an H.323 or SIP device?
- How do I change the video layout on an H.323 or SIP device?