You can change your video layout when joined into a meeting from an H.323 or SIP device. You can also configure a video layout as the default in the H.323/SIP Configuration or change the layout with the dial string.
This article covers:
- Switching Video Layout in Meeting
- Select Video Layout in Dial String
- Video Layouts for H.323/SIP
- Room Connector add-on plan
- Press 1 via DTMF tones to access the menu (shown below)
- Polycom: Press # to activate the keypad for DTMF tones
- Tandberg: Press # to activate "Touch Tones"
- Lifesize: Press to toggle between presets and DTMF mode
- Sony: Press * to activate DTMF mode, Enter to exit (microphone will not be active in DTMF mode)
- Aver: Press Far/Near button on remote control to toggle between camera presets and DTMF mode
- On some devices, you will need to toggle your remote to send DTMF tones.
- 1 Participant: Active Speaker only
- 2-4 Participants: 2x2, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 5-9 Participants: 2x2, 3x3, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 10-16 participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- 17+ Participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, Active Speaker, Active Presence
- Press 4 or 6 to page between screens if current Gallery View doesn't show all participants
The default layout of a meeting is Gallery View, unless you select a different option in your H.323/SIP Configuration. To change the video layout when entering the meeting, you can do the following:
For H.323 devices, enter ##11 at the end of your dial string (#11 if a meeting password has been entered.
- Format: [IP Address]##[Meeting ID]#[Password]#11
For SIP devices, enter ..11 after the Meeting ID (.11 if a meeting password is entered)
- Format: [Meeting ID].[Password].11@[IP Address]
Entering 11 in the dial string will move to the next video layout option. If you have Gallery View set as the video layout in the H.323/SIP Configuration, entering 11 will toggle to Full Screen and 1111 will toggle to Active Presence. If you have a different default selected, it will move to the next video layout, in the order of Gallery, Full Screen, then Active Presence.
See H.323/SIP Room Connector Dial Strings for more information.
Gallery view allows you to see up to 25 participants at a time. Depending on the number of participants, it will do a grid of 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5. If you have more than 25 participants, press 1 to activate the menu and then 4 or 6 to go through additional screens.
Full screen layout displays the current speaker in full screen.
Active presence layout mimics the active speaker view from the Zoom desktop client. This video layout will display a large video window with the current active speaker with up to 5 thumbnail videos of other recently active participants below it.
This article answers:
- How Do I Switch Layout for Room Systems?
- What are the video layout options for an H.323 or SIP device?
- How do I change the video layout on an H.323 or SIP device?