Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems. Founded in 2011, Zoom's mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that transforms the real-time collaboration experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever.
Getting Started: User Guide
- Download the Getting Started with PC and Mac Guide
- Watch the Getting Started Videos
- Join our Weekly Zoom Meetings and Webinar training
- Join a test meeting
This article covers
To sign-in, simply go to https://zoom.us and click on Sign In. From there you can log in using Google, Facebook, or your already existing Zoom account. You can also login using your company SSO (single-sign-on)
If you do not have an account with Zoom, you can select Sign Up to create a new Zoom account.
Once you have signed up or logged in, click on Host a Meeting, the desktop app will auto-download. Alternatively, you can click on the download footer link at https://zoom.us or directly from https://zoom.us/support/download
- For iOS, visit the Apple App Store and search "zoom"
- For Android, visit Google Play and search "zoom"
After you launch the app, you have two options. You can select Join a Meeting or Sign In. If you just want to join a meeting-in-progress click on Join a Meeting. If you would like to log in and start or schedule your own meeting, click on Sign In.
- View what type of account you are logged in with (Pro or Basic)
- Click on Start without video to start a meeting sharing your "desktop" or "application"
- Click on Start with video to start a video meeting
- Click on Schedule to set up a a future meeting
- Click on Join to join a meeting that has already been started
- Click Share Screen to share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering in the sharing key or meeting ID
Note: Click on the dropdown to view your profile, check for updates, switch accounts and logout.
- Start: Selecting start will start the pre-scheduled meeting that you have listed in your upcoming meetings.
- Edit: You can edit or update your scheduled meeting.
- Delete: Selecting delete will permanently delete your scheduled meeting.
- Copy: Here you can copy your scheduled meeting(s) invitation text and manually paste into an email, IM, SMS etc.
You can find the Settings tab in the main dialog box or in the meeting menu bar. After clicking Settings, you will have the following options:
- General: You can select default preferences
- Audio: You can test, select and adjust your speakers, and microphone
- Video: You can test and select your video camera
- Feedback: We welcome any questions, comments, or feedback
- Recording: Here you can browse/open your stored recordings (all recordings are stored on your local device/computer)
- Account/Pro account: Here you can upgrade your account to PRO and manage your account details (learn more)
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions from the menu bar located at the bottom of the meeting window (move your mouse to toggle):
- Invite more people to join by email, IM, SMS (mobile users) or meeting ID (learn more)
- Screen share your desktop or specific application window (learn more)
- Group or private chat (learn more)
- Record your meeting (learn more)
- Manage participants (learn More)
- Mute and unmute your audio
- Select audio options (learn more)
- Stop and start your video
- Configure your settings (learn more)
- Leave or end the meeting