What is Zoom?
Zoom, the cloud meeting company, unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings and mobile collaboration into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio and screen-sharing quality across Window, Mac, iOS, Android and H.323/SIP room systems.
Watch the Getting Started Video Tutorial
How do I begin?
To begin, simply go to http://zoom.us and click on "Login" From there you can Login using Google, Facebook, or your already existing Zoom account.
If you do not have an account with Zoom, you can select "Sign up" to create a new Zoom account.
Where do I find the desktop or mobile app?
Once you have signed up or logged in, click on Host a Meeting, the desktop app will auto-download. Alternatively, you can click on the download footer link at https://zoom.us or directly from https://zoom.us/support/download
- For iOS, vist the Apple App Store or by searching "zoom" or see "Getting started for iOS"
- For Android, visit Google Play or by searching "zoom"
What do I do after I launch the app?
After you launch the app, you have two options. You can Join a meeting, or Host a meeting.
If you do not wish to log in, and just want to join a meeting in progress click on Join a meeting. If you would like to log in and start you own meeting, click on Host a meeting.
How do I log in?
Once you have logged in, you will see the main dialog box as shown below. The default tab is "Home".
- View what type of account you are logged in with (Pro or Basic)
- Click on Screen Share Meeting to start a meeting sharing your "desktop" or "application"
- Click on Video Meeting to start a video meeting
- Click on Schedule to set up a a future meeting
- Click on Join to join a meeting that has already been started
- Start: Selecting start will start the pre-scheduled meeting that you have listed in your upcoming meetings.
- Edit: You can edit or update your scheduled meeting.
- Delete: Selecting delete will permanently delete your scheduled meeting.
- Copy URL: Here you can copy your scheduled meeting(s) URL and manually paste into an email, IM, SMS etc.
How do I configure my Zoom settings?
You can find the Settings tab in the main dialog box or in the meeting menu bar. After clicking Settings, you will have the following options:
- Audio: You can test, select and adjust your speakers, and microphone
- Video: You can test and select your video camera
- General: You can select additional preferences
- Feedback: We welcome any questions, comments, or feedback
- Recording: Here you can browse/open your stored recordings (all recordings are stored on your local device/computer)
- Account/Pro account: Here you can upgrade your account to pro user or, manage your account details (Learn more about Account)
What can I do in a meeting?
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions from the menu bar located at the bottom of the meeting window(move your mouse to toggle):
- Invite more people to join by email, IM, SMS (mobile users) or meeting ID (learn more)
- Screen share your desktop or specific application window (learn more)
- Group or private chat
- Record your meeting(Who can record?)
- Manage participants (learn more)
- Mute and unmute your audio
- Select Audio connect/disconnect computer audio(learn more)
- Stop and start your video
- Configure your settings (learn more)
- Leave or end the meeting