Published November 2016
In this article, we will discuss how to join an instant meeting through an email invite, an instant messaging invite, from the browser, from the Zoom desktop and mobile application, from a landline or mobile phone, and with a H.323 or SIP device.
- Each meeting has a unique 9, 10, or 11-digit number called a Meeting ID that will be required to join a Zoom meeting
- If you are joining via telephone, you will need the teleconferencing number provided in the invite.
Additionally, you can test your connection to Zoom here.
- Open any browser (Chrome, Safari, IE/Edge, Firefox)
- Go to join.zoom.us
- Enter your meeting ID provided by the host/organizer.
- Click Join.
If you are online, with the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, others will have the ability to send you a meeting request via instant message. You will receive an incoming message notification displaying who is calling along with a ringtone. Select Accept to join the meeting with the person who is calling you.
- On your phone, dial the teleconferencing number provided in your invite.
- Enter the Meeting ID number when prompted using your touch-tone (DTMF) keypad
Note: If you have already joined the meeting via computer, you will have the option to enter your 2-digit participant ID to be associated with your computer. If you have not joined on your computer, simply press # again when prompted to enter in your participant ID.
- Dial the IP address provided to you in the meeting invitation (requires Room Connector port add-on).
- Enter the meeting ID via touch (DTMF) tones followed by "#". Or you can use dial strings, such as 192.168.10.55##000111000 to join directly in to the meeting. Please see Getting Started With Cloud Room Connector for more information.