The meeting ID is the meeting number associated with an instant or scheduled meeting. The meeting ID can be a 10 or 11-digit number. The 11-digit number is used for instant, scheduled or recurring meetings. The 10-digit number is used for Personal Meeting IDs. Meetings scheduled prior to April 12, 2020 may be 9-digits long.
This article covers:
- Meeting ID expiration rules
- Locating the Meeting ID during a meeting
- Locating the Meeting ID for a scheduled meeting
Meeting ID expiration rules
- An instant meeting ID expires when the instant meeting ends.
- You can start your scheduled meeting at any time after you scheduled it.
- If the meeting doesn’t appear in your upcoming or previous meeting list in the web portal, it can't be started.
Scheduled, non-recurring meetings
- A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date if the meeting is not recorded. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.
- Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time as long as the meeting ID is not expired or deleted.
- A recurring meeting ID expires if you haven't started a meeting occurrence for 365 days.
- You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences.
- Webinar IDs will expire and be unusable past the webinars scheduled end-time if the webinar is not currently in progress.
- Webinars are deleted 30 days after the scheduled end time.
Expired or deleted meetings
- If you are seeing an invalid meeting ID message when trying to start your meeting, it is likely that the meeting ID has expired or was deleted. As the host of the meeting, check if the meeting ID appears on the meetings page in the Zoom web portal.
- For deleted meeting, you can recover a meeting up to one week after it was deleted. If you recover a meeting, invitations, links, and meeting IDs sent prior to deletion will still work.
- Meetings permanently deleted from the trash can cannot be recovered.
Locating the Meeting ID during a meeting
The meeting information, including the Meeting ID, Passcode, and Join Link can be viewed by clicking the info icon in the top corner of the meeting window.
The Meeting ID can also be displayed when inviting new participants. To view the Meeting ID:
- Click Participants, or Manage Participants if you are the host of the meeting.
- Click Invite.
- The Meeting ID and passcode will be displayed.
Tap on the screen to display the Meeting ID at the top.
Note: If invite participants to the meeting, the 10 to 11-digit number in the invitation URL is the meeting ID.
Locating the meeting ID for a scheduled meeting
You can view, start or delete your upcoming or previous meetings IDs in the Meetings page in the Zoom web portal.
You can also view, start, edit or delete your upcoming meeting IDs on the Zoom app. Click on the Meetings tab.