There are four different types of logins that can be used to access Zoom. You can see which login methods are setup on the Profile page, under the Sign In section. It is possible to have more than one login method, as well as having some of those disabled by an admin for the entire account. The available sign-in methods are:
- Work Email: Standard email and password login unique to Zoom.
- Google: Sign in with authentication from your Google account.
- Facebook: Sign in with authentication from your Facebook account.
- Single Sign-on (SSO): Sign in with your company credentials.
- If your profile uses work email, Google, or Facebook, you can change your email address in Zoom.
- If your account uses Single Sign-On only, your email address will need to be changed in your Identity Provider (IdP) first, and then you can contact Zoom Support for assistance updating your Zoom account to the new email address.
- If you need to change the account owner to another Zoom user, see our article regarding changing the account owner.
- If you need to add an email address and password login to a Facebook or Google login, see our article regarding linking additional login methods.
- Free with Credit Card, Pro, API plan, Business, or Enterprise account
- An email address that does not already exist in Zoom
How to change the sign in email for Work Email, Facebook, and Google sign ins
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Profile.
- In the Sign In section, click Edit next to Sign-In Email.
- Enter the new email address.
Note: For profiles with Google and Facebook sign ins, the email address must match the email address associated with the Google or Facebook account. If they do not match what you provide to Zoom, those sign in methods will no longer be viable, unless you update the email address associated with the Facebook and/or Google account as well.
- Enter your password (for accounts with Work Email sign in method).
- Click Save Changes.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the new email address. You can resend the request or cancel the email update.
You will need to click the confirmation prompt in that email before the email address is changed.
- Find and open the email to click Confirm Change and finish the email change process.