Changing the email associated with your account
You can change the email address associated with your Zoom account from your user profile. When you're signed in, you can view which sign-in methods are set up on the Profile page, under the Sign In section. It is possible to have more than one sign-in method, as well as having some of those disabled by an admin for the entire account. There are five sign-in methods that you can use to access Zoom:
- Work Email: Standard email and password login unique to Zoom.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Sign in with your company credentials.
Note: If your account uses Single Sign-On only, your email address will need to be changed in your Identity Provider (IdP) first, and then you can contact Zoom Support for assistance updating your Zoom account to the new email address.
- Apple: Sign in with authentication from your Apple account.
- Google: Sign in with authentication from your Google account.
- Facebook: Sign in with authentication from your Facebook account.
Note: If your profile uses the work email, Apple, Google, or Facebook login method, you can change your email address in Zoom. If you need to add an email address and password login to a Facebook, Apple, or Google login, learn how to link additional login methods.
This article covers:
- How to change the sign-in email if you do have access to the original email
- How to change the sign-in email if you don't have access to the original email
Prerequisites for changing the sign-in email on your account
- Free with Credit Card, Pro, API plan, Business, or Enterprise account
- An email address that does not already exist in Zoom
How to change the sign-in email if you do have access to the original email
When you change the sign-in email for your Zoom account, you will receive confirmation emails at your old email address and new email address to verify the change. You must confirm in both emails to change your email address, otherwise your Zoom account will continue to use your original email address.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Profile.
- Under Sign In, click Edit next to Sign-In Email.
- Enter the new email address.
Note: For profiles with Google, Apple, or Facebook sign-ins, the email address must match the email address associated with the Google, Apple, or Facebook account. If they do not match what you provide to Zoom, those sign-in methods will no longer be viable, unless you update the email address associated with the Facebook, Apple, and/or Google account as well.
- Enter your password (for accounts with work email sign-in method).
- Click Save Changes.
A confirmation email will be sent to your original email address asking you to confirm or deny the change. If you deny the change, you will be prompted to reset your password as a security precaution.
Note: If you didn't receive the confirmation email, please check your Spam folder and confirm that email@example.com is allowed in your inbox.
- In the confirmation email that was sent to your old address, click Confirm Change.
Once you confirm the change, the Zoom web portal will open and prompt you to send a confirmation email to your new email address to verify the change.
- In the Zoom web portal, click Send Now.
- In the confirmation email that was sent to your new address, click Confirm Change.
Once you confirm the change with your new email, the Zoom web portal will open and prompt you to enter a new password as a security precaution.
How to change the sign-in email if you don't have access to the original email
If you no longer have access to your original email address to verify the change, you can submit a request to Zoom Support. When submitting a request, enter the following information:
- Please select your request type: Ensure that Billing & Account Management is selected
- Your email address: Enter your new email address that you can be contacted at
- Request Type: Select Account Management
- About: Select Unable to access email
- Complete any optional fields that will assist with your request
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.