Zoom Launcher via Launch Application
If you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari to join or host a meeting, you will see a dialog box to launch the Zoom application. You can click on the Remember my choice and then Launch Application.
Google Chrome Launch Application
Mozilla Firefox Launch Application
Zoom Launcher via plug-in:
The zoom launcher plugin works with the any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc) - similar to those of other applications, it will download a one-time plugin called the Zoom launcher. You will not have to download it the next time you start Zoom.
Issues with Zoom launcher plug-in:
On some occasions where the plugins may not be activated, disabled or may not be correctly installed, or installed correctly but failed to run. There are several things you can do to fix it: Check if the Zoom launcher plugin is enabled (re-enable if it was disabled)
- In the address bar, enter chrome://plugins/ or chrome://extensions/ on later versions of Chrome.
- Where it lists "zoom.us launcher plugin" make sure it is enabled and always allowed.
- More details on Chrome Plugins
- In the address bar, enter https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Click on Tools menu > Addons> Plugins and make sure that "Zoom Launcher" is always activate
- See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5954
- Ensure "Zoom Launcher" plugin is allow always
- There is no Zoom plugin on Internet Explorer.
- A zoom_launcher.exe will run automatically.
- Go-to task manager, kill all firefox/chrome (shadow) instances, if any
- Restart firefox/chrome, then remove the zoom launcher plugin
- Click host a meeting from the browser (zoom.us), it should reload the plugin again