Spotlight speaker puts a speaker as the primary active speaker. All participants will only see this speaker as the active speaker. This feature is often used to spotlight a keynote speaker.
- Available on Zoom PC or Mac desktop clients and Zoom Rooms
- You must have three (3) or more participants in your meeting to a spotlight speaker.
To spotlight a speaker/video simply select the video you wish to spotlight and then click on the window and select "Spotlight Video".
To return to active speaker, please click the highlighted window and select "Cancel the Spotlight Video".
Spotlight when I speak is a feature that allows you to spotlight when you speak, and it's available through the desktop client settings.
To access this setting simply open the desktop client, make sure you're signed in. Press the settings button on the home tab and make sure you're on a the Video tab.
- Start a new or scheduled meeting
- Click on Manage Participants on the Zoom Room Controller
- Click on the Host or Participant > Spotlight Video