Teleconferencing Use Cases:
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional telephone). This is useful in occasions where:
- you do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac
- you do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road, or
- you could not connect to a network for video and VoIP/computer audio.
Join by Teleconferencing:
Option A: Join by computer (for video) and telephone (for audio)
- Join a Zoom meeting
- Once you are in the meeting, select the Join Audio in the menu bar
- Follow instructions on the dialog box to Dial In
Option B: Join by telephone only
- Dial a local number. Please see https://zoom.us/zoomconference for a list of dial-in numbers by countries
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided to you by the host
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID - Press # to skip
Note: If you decided to Join via telephone after Joining via computer, please select Audio Options and Leave Computer Audio. Then enter #Participant ID#. Otherwise you may hear audio feedback or echo in the meeting.
Teleconference Only Meetings
- Schedule or update your scheduled meeting with 'enable join before host' selected.
- Please see the following in which applies to your case when scheduling or updating your meeting.
- Schedule- https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-How-Do-I-Schedule-Meetings-
- Update Meeting - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362503-How-Do-I-Update-A-Scheduled-Meeting-
- PMI Meeting - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203276937-Schedule-With-Personal-Meeting-ID-PMI-
3. See above 'Join by Teleconference' section.
Phone commands available for meeting participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone's dialpad while in a Zoom Meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/un-mute
- *9 - Toggle raise/lower hand
- If you have scheduled the meeting from a basic account the meeting will timeout after forty-minutes with a thirty minute warning notification.
- If you would like the meeting to last for unlimited duration you will have to schedule from a Pro account.
- You will not have host controls such as recording, mute all/individual functionality.
- The number of phones that can connect to a Zoom Meeting or Webinar is determined by account type and add-on assigned to the user account
- Pro User: 100 Dial In Users
- Pro + Large Meeting 200: 200 Dial In Users
- Pro + Large Meeting 300: 300 Dial In Users
- Pro + Large Meeting 500: 500 Dial In Users
- Pro + Webinar 100: 100 Dial In Users
- Pro + Webinar 500: 500 Dial In Users
- Pro + Webinar 1000: 1000 Dial In Users
- Pro + Webinar 3000 and above: 1984 Dial In Users