Reasons for Failed Local Recording Conversion
After you end a Zoom meeting, your recorded meeting will begin to convert. Your recording may fail to convert due to the following reasons:
- You may have low "disk space" on your computer at that time. [Error Code 614]
- Invalid working "path/folder" (sometimes, an invalid network connection may appear with this warning too) .
- Abnormal errors such as "internal errors" (bad data stream), invalid command, or logic issues.
Note: If you close your laptop or turn off your computer while the recording is converting, it will stop the conversion process.
What can I do?
1. Please check your "Disk space" and try and free up some space if it is low.
2. Change the recording location in your Zoom client and make sure it is a valid path string/folder.
3. After completing Steps 1-2, you may then try to manually convert your meeting by selecting convert for the recording that has not yet converted. To do so, select Meetings>>Recorded>>Convert.
Submit to Zoom for a Manual Conversion
If the click to convert fails, please send us the file for a manual conversion.
Note: Conversion times vary based on file size as larger files need more time due to download/upload wait times. In most cases, you can expect a 24 hour turnaround.
- Find the Double_Click_to_convert files by selecting Open under the meeting that failed to convert.
- Upload both of the "Double-click-to-convert" files to something like - Dropbox, Box, Google drive, etc.
- Send the URL/shared link to us via a support ticket and we will manually convert your recording, upload the successfully converted file and send it back to you.