Attendee on hold allows the host to stop video and audio transmission to a participant or participants. This allows others to continue the meeting while temporarily preventing any participants who are on hold from seeing and hearing the other participants
Common use cases include interviewers wanting to deliberate on a candidate, a dissertation committee deliberating on a doctoral candidate, or a meditation session.
- Host permission in the meeting
- Waiting room disabled
Note: The attendee on hold feature is similar to waiting room. The main difference is that participants are automatically placed in the waiting when they join the meeting. On the other hand, you have to manually place an attendee on hold during the meeting
Using attendee on hold in your meetings
If the setting is enabled, you can put an attendee on hold during a meeting.
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click on Manage Participants in the host controls.
- Hover over the name of the attendee you want to put on hold. Click More, then Put on hold.
The Participants List will now indicate that this attendee is on hold. They will see a screen indicating that the meeting host will let them in shortly.
- Click Take off hold in the participants' list whenever you are ready to bring them back into the meeting.