Placing participants in waiting room
To temporarily stop video and audio transmission from a participant to others in the meeting, the host of the meeting can place that participant in to the waiting room, even if the waiting room is not enabled for this meeting. This allows others to continue the meeting while temporarily preventing any participants who are on hold from seeing and hearing the other participants
Common use cases may include interviewers wanting to deliberate on a candidate, a dissertation committee deliberating on a doctoral candidate, or a meditation session.
Prerequisites for placing a participant in the waiting room
- Host permission in the meeting
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
How to place a participant in the waiting room in a meeting
If the setting is enabled, you can put an attendee on hold during a meeting.
- Start a meeting as the host.
- Click on Participants .
- Hover over the name of the attendee you want to put on hold. Click More, then Put in Waiting Room.
The Participants list will now indicate that this attendee is in the Waiting Room. They will see a screen indicating that the meeting host will let them in shortly.
- To the right of the participant in the Waiting Room, click Admit to bring them back into the meeting.
- (Optional) If multiple participants are in the Waiting Room, click Admit All to bring them all back in at the same time.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.