Zoom offers a public or hybrid cloud service. In the hybrid cloud service, you deploy meeting communication servers known as the Zoom Meeting Connector within your company internal network. In doing so, user and meeting metadata are managed in the public cloud while the meetings are hosted in your private cloud. All meeting traffic including video, voice and data sharing goes through the on-premise Zoom Meeting Connector.
Zoom Meeting Connector is packaged as an OVF and can be deployed onto any virtualization platform that supports OVF.
- VMware VSphere, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion
- Windows Server 2012/2016 Hyper-V (best effort support)
- Virtual Box (best effort support)
To start using the Zoom Meeting Connector, you need to:
- You need to have an account with >10 Pro hosts such has Business or Education
- Click “Enable Meeting Connector” on your Admin page
- Follow the instructions in the detailed Quick Start Guide for Zoom Meeting Connector below
- Install one Meeting Connector Controller to start
Note: One Meeting Connector Controller OVF includes one Controller VM and MMR VM, and supports up to 350 concurrent participants. You can add more MMR VM later.
The default password for root is zoomvideo.