User Management allows account owners and Admins to manage their users, such as add, delete, and assign roles and add-on features.
This article covers:
- Owner or Admin permission on the Zoom Account
How to Use User Management
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click User Management > Users.
You will see Users, Pending, and Advanced.
Selecting Users will allow you to do the following:
- You can Edit the account type of each user (Basic, Pro, and Corp) or department.
- You can Add users one at a time or import a CSV file. (Importing a CSV file will allow you to add multiple users at a time)
- You can Export users to a CSV file.
- The Owner can set Admin user(s) or assign a custom role. Read more about roles.
Note: Only the account owner can promote a Member to an Admin or demote an Admin to a Member.
Add a New User
- To add a new user to your account, click Add Users or Import (to import a CSV file).
- Enter the user information.
- User Type: Select if this user should be a Basic (free) user, Pro user, or a Corp user. To assign a Pro user, you will need to have licenses available. To assign a Corp user, Meeting Connector needs to be enabled.
- Feature: Check which feature you would like this user to have. You will need to have available licenses for these features.
- Department (optional): Enter a Department name if desired.
- User Group: If you are using Group Management, select a group to add this user to.
- IM Group: If you are using IM management, select an IM group to add this user to.
- Email Address: Enter in the user's name address. If you need to add multiple users with the same settings, you can enter in multiple email addresses separated with a comma.
- Click Add.
New Users will be sent an activation email. Users with existing free Zoom accounts under the same email address will be sent an email to accept your invitation.
If you want to add multiple users to your account at once with the same features, you can import users via a CSV file.
The CSV should be formatted with the following columns in the following order: email, first name, last name, department, user group, and IM group. Department, User Group and IM Group are option.
- Click Import.
- Select if this user should be a Basic (free) user, Pro user, or a Corp user. To assign a Pro user, you will need to have licenses available. To assign a Corp user, Meeting Connector needs to be enabled.
- Check any features this user should have.
- Click Upload CSV file to browse your computer and find the CSV file to import.
Click Pending to see user(s) who have not yet confirmed their accounts.
If a user hasn't accept their invitation and can no longer find it in their inbox, you can resend the confirmation email to them using the Resend button.
If you do not want to allow a user to join your account, you can click on delete before they accept your email invitation.
Note: Pending invitation will expire after 30 days and will be removed from the pending list.
Click Advanced to see the total number of all Basic, Pro, Corp, and Zoom Room users.
- Change all account members who are not administrators: Use this to change the license type of all Members (not the account owner or admins). For example, you can change all Basic members to Pro members.
- Remove all account members who are not administrators with the user type: Use this option to delete all members with a specific type of license. Their Zoom accounts will be deleted from Zoom.
- Update domain type: This will change the license assignment for all users added with managed domain.
- Set default user group: This will set the default group for all users added to your account going forward.
- Change user group: Move users from one group to another group.
- Add domain users to group: Add all users with an email address at the managed domain to a specific group.
- Set default IM group: Select the IM group that users should be added to by default.
- Change IM group: Move a group of users from one IM group to another.