Changing account settings
Account settings allow admins to change settings for all users in your account. You can also lock settings on or off to prevent users from changing them.
The account settings mirror the settings available for groups and for individual users. If not locked for the account or group, they can be adjusted by the individual user. This allows you to customize tiered settings.
- This article covers settings that are only available at the account level.
- In addition to these settings, you have access to the same settings as user-level settings.
This article covers:
- How to access and change account settings
- Meeting tab
- Recording tab
- Audio Conferencing tab
- Zoom Phone tab
- Team Chat tab
- Zoom Apps tab
- Whiteboard tab
- Zoom IQ for Sales tab
- Zoom Events tab
Prerequisites for changing account settings
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Free account with Credit Card, or Pro, Business, Education, Enterprise, or API Partner account
How to access and change account settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
Your account settings will be listed under three tabs: Meeting, Recording, and Audio Conferencing.
- Navigate to the setting you want to change.
- Click the lock icon to lock a setting. If you lock a setting, users on your account will not be able to change this setting individually and it will also be locked for all groups.
You can change the following settings. Some settings are dependent on certain prerequisites. If you do not see a setting listed for your group, review the article on the setting to see if your account meets those prerequisites.
Note: This article covers settings that are only available at the account level. In addition to these settings, account owners and admins can access user-level settings.
- Passcode requirement: Set complexity requirements for passcodes.
- Default encryption type: Set enhanced encryption (encryption keys stored in the cloud) or end-to-end encryption (encryption keys stored on a local device) as the default encryption for meetings.
- Add watermark
- Add audio watermark
- Always display "Zoom Meeting" as the meeting topic
- Always display "Zoom Webinars" as the webinar topic
- Require a passcode for Room Meeting ID (Applicable for Zoom Rooms only)
- Bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list
- Office 365 users can consent to enterprise applications accessing company data on their behalf
- Tracking Pixel - Webinar
In Meeting (Basic)
Note: For this section, most settings are the same as the settings at the user level.
In Meeting (Advanced)
- Q&A in webinar
- Virtual background
- Video filters
- Immersive view
- Focus mode
- Peer to Peer connection while only 2 people in a meeting: Enable one-on-one meetings to have data routed directly between two participants, rather than going through the cloud. Enabling this setting improves the quality of one-on-one meetings depending on how your network prioritizes traffic. When a third participant joins a one-on-one meeting, it will use Zoom's cloud infrastructure instead of using a peer-to-peer connection.
- DSCP marking
- Allow Skype for Business (Lync) client to join a Zoom meeting
- Show a custom disclaimer when starting or joining a meeting
Invitation Email Branding
Click Edit to customize email templates. Learn more about the schedule meeting email template.
Note: If you have a vanity URL, you can customize additional email templates.
Calendar and Contact
Configure settings for calendar and contacts integration.
- When host licenses are running low
- When the meeting duration exceeds the limit
- Who will receive security communications from Zoom
- Who will receive Trust and Safety communications from Zoom
- Allow auto activation when adding users
- Blur snapshot on iOS task switcher
- Display meetings scheduled for others
- Use content delivery network (CDN)
- Require users to update the client
- Allow users to contact Zoom's Support via Chat
- Show one person meetings and webinars on Dashboard and Reports
- Allow users to enter and share pronouns
- Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings
- Cloud recording downloads
- Record meeting as WORM state (write once, read many)
- Allow recovery of deleted cloud recordings from Trash
- Push notification to subscription URL when a cloud recording is available
Audio Conferencing tab
- Telephone welcome message (requires dedicated dial-in number)
- Telephone on-hold music (requires dedicated dial-in number)
Zoom Phone tab
Change account-level Zoom Phone policy settings.
Team Chat tab
Change account-level Team Chat settings.
Important: Starting on June 1, 2022, our engineering team will begin the migration and enablement of the New Admin Experience on all accounts. There won’t be any downtime while the migration processes, but the day the New Admin Experience is enabled on your account may vary. Your account owner will receive an email when it completes. Refer to article about IM settings in the old experience if the New Admin Experience hasn't been enabled on your account yet.
Zoom Apps tab
Change account-level Zoom Apps settings.
Change account-level Whiteboard settings.
Zoom IQ for Sales tab
Change account-level Zoom IQ for Sales settings.
Note: Before you can have a Large Meeting, Zoom Webinars, and/or Zoom Events add-on license, you must be a Licensed user. Zoom IQ licenses are assigned like other add-ons, such as Zoom Webinars, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, and Large Meeting.
Zoom Events tab
Change account-level Zoom Events settings.
Note: Before you can have a Large Meeting, Zoom Webinars, and/or Zoom Events add-on license, you must be a Licensed user.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.