Canvas is a cloud based LMS and Zoom will be an external toll for teachers to start meetings with his or her students.
- You must be on an Education, Business, API, or Enterprise plan.
- Login to Canvas as an Administrator and select Settings
- Find Approved Integrations and select New Access Token
- Create a new Access Token. For this example, we've named ours zoom
- Copy the generated token
- Once generated, navigate to the Integration section of your Zoom Admin portal and find LTI Canvas. From here, select Configure and input the generated Access Token from Step 4.
- Navigate to LTI under the Integration section of your Zoom Account and select Configure. Copy the LTI Key and Secret
- In Canvas, select Courses and then your Managed Account
- Select Settings, Apps, and then Add App
- Manually input the information for the application. The Consumer Key and Shared Secret are the Key and Secret from Step 6. The Privacy should be set to "Public"
- Now that the Zoom app has been saved, it can be used by a Teacher as an external tool.
- Login to Canvas and select an existing course. Once in the course, select Modules
- After a Module is created, select the "+" to add an external tool
- Select to add an External Tool and select zoom
- After the External Tool has been created, select zoom. From here the Teacher will launch the meeting while users will join the Zoom Meeting