- You must be on an Education, Business, API, or Enterprise plan.
- Your Zoom admin will need to set up Zoom as an LTI tool provider within your LMS. Note: Be careful who you share the key/secret.
Common Use Cases for LTI:
1. A teacher schedules an activity for a course. The teacher adds the Zoom meeting ID to this activity. The teacher and all enrolled students can join the meeting via a single URL click that is displayed on the activity.
2. A student hosts an activity for a homework. The student can start a Zoom meeting and invite anyone (classmates, TA, guests) to the meeting.
Alternative to using LTI:
Zoom provides a Personal Meeting ID to all users. A Personal Meeting ID is like having an email or phone number that is unique to you.
When you list a course to LMS, you would list:
- Course name: Math 101
- Instructor: Dr. Benjamin Maddow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: Mon 1000am - 1100am
- Classroom: Buiding 10, Room 202
- Maddow Virtual Room: https://zoom.us/j/2127778888
- Phone: 212 777 8888
Note: Maddow Virtual Room is the Personal Meeting ID for Dr. Benjamin Maddow.