Troubleshooting log for macOS
After reporting a problem through the desktop client, the Support team may ask you to install a special troubleshooting package of Zoom to log more information about your issue and help Zoom engineers investigate the issue. After recreating the issue, these files need to be sent to your Zoom support agent via your existing ticket. The troubleshooting version does not allow Zoom support or engineering access to your computer, but rather just gathers more information about your specific issue.
How to use the Zoom client for macOS
- Please download the install package from the link provided by the Support team
- Double-click to start installation
- Login to new Mac client. Please ignore any prompts to update.
- Duplicate the issue.
- Click the Open Log Folder or Console.app > ~/Library/Logs > zoom.us
- Zip the latest log files and name it using your ticket: example ticket 4444.zip or yourname.zip
- Send us the zipped log or upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and send us the link
- After sending the logs, please uninstall this troubleshooting version of Zoom and re-install from the Downloads page.
How to locate the log folder
- Open Finder
- Click on Go at the top of your screen.
- Hold down the option/alt key and the Library folder should appear.
- Open the Logs folder.
- Control click or right click on the zoom.us folder.
- Choose Compress "zoom.us".
- Send us the zipped log or upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and send us the link in your support ticket.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.