The black screen during scree sharing could be caused by automatically switching graphic card (such as an Nvidia card).
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel in the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings.
- Click on Program Settings under I would like to use the following 3D settings.
- Under Select a program to customize add Cpthost.exe from the Zoom bin directory.
- Click Add.
- Find Cpthost.exe from the Zoom bin directory (located at C:/>Users>YOURUSERNAME>AppData>Roaming>Zoom>bin).
- Click Add Selected Program.
- Select Integrated graphics
- Click Apply.
- Try screen sharing again with Zoom.
The share screen feature requires compositing. Follow these steps to install the third-party compositor, xcompmgr.
Install xcompmgr using your Linux distro's package manager. If you have a graphical package manager (like Synaptics) search for xcompmgr in your package manger.
Alternatively, you can open the terminal on your Linux distro and run the relevant command:
Debian, Ubuntu, or Linux Mint
sudo apt install xcompmgr
zypper install xcompmgr
dnf install xcompmgr
See the Arch Linux wiki for instructions.
After installing, open the terminal and run this command:
xcompmgr -c -l0 -t0 -r0 -o.00