Sharing a local recording
Note: We recommend you use a unique file name when saving or sharing meeting files, and that you do not use the words Zoom, Personal Meeting Room or My Meeting in the file name.
Prerequisites for sharing a local recording
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
How to share a local recording
To locate the recording files on your computer:
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Meetings tab.
- Click the Recorded tab.
- Select the meeting you would like to view the recording for and click Open.
This will open the folder where your recording files are stored. The MP4 file is the video file.
Note: If you only see the Open button, the meeting contains a cloud recording.
- Visit a cloud storage or video streaming service like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, YouTube, or Vimeo, and upload the MP4 file.
- Once uploaded to the 3rd-party service, share access to the file(s) from that service.
Note: The process of sharing files with these 3rd-party services vary by service. Refer to the support documentation for that service for more details on sharing.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.