Zoom Local Recording saves your recorded files on your computer's local drive. You can share your local recordings with others by uploading it to your cloud storage (Dropbox or Box), content/learning management system or the public cloud such as Youtube or Vimeo.
- A Zoom Basic account is required
- Zoom client version 3.5 or higher is required
How to Upload
The simplest way to locate the recorded meeting you wish to upload is to go directly to your Zoom client.
- Open up the Zoom application on your desktop and go to "meetings" and select the "recorded" tab
- There is list of recorded meetings as well as options you can choose from. Click "open" to locate the file for the desired meeting you would like to upload.
- You will find the single-file MP4 recording.
- Then go to Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, etc. and upload the MP4 file.
Previous Versions with VLC Player Recording
Versions prior to 3.5 create a single recording mp4 file using the VLC Player format for Windows. This is a multi-resolution file format. You must download the VLC Media Player to view the MP4 recoding.
Locate your recording then open the file with your VLC Player. Navigate your mouse over the recording and right click to select "open with" followed by VLC player.
You can edit the recoding using Quicktime or other editor that supports multi-resolution.