Local Recording saves your recorded files on your computer's hard drive. Read more about local recording.
It is not possible to upload a local recording to the Zoom cloud. To store a video on Zoom's cloud, you must use cloud recording.
However, you can share your local recordings with others by uploading it to third-party cloud storage such as Dropbox or Box, a content/learning management system, or a video sharing site such as Youtube or Vimeo.
- Zoom account
- Zoom client version 3.5 or higher
- Locate the recording on your computer. The easiest way to do this is by opening the Zoom client.
- Click Meetings.
- Click Recorded.
- Hover over the meeting you would like to view the recording for, click Open.
- This will open the folder where your recording files are stored. The mp4 file is the video file.
- Then go to Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, or another platform and upload the MP4 file.