Zoom Rooms can be added from the Zoom web portal or from a Zoom Room Controller.
Adding a room from the web portal gives you the ability to configure the room name, calendar integration, location, room passcode and other optional settings.
Note: For information about account-level settings, as well as how to specify settings for different locations (including country, city, campus, building, and floor), see Zoom Rooms Location Hierarchy.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms on the web portal
- Zoom Rooms license
- Role with access to Zoom Rooms on the web portal
How to add a Zoom Room on the web portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click + Add Room.
- Select the Room Type and enter the Room Name.
Note: For accounts with fewer than 10 licenses, if you enter a name with Chinese characters, the room name is limited to 10 characters.
- (Optional) If you’ve already linked a calendar service, choose the calendar for this room. You can also choose the calendar at a later time.
- Select a location for the room.
- If you are adding multiple rooms, click Save & Add Another, then repeat steps 4-7 for each room.
- Click Finish. The list of rooms will appear on the Rooms tab.
- Complete the setup steps described in Getting Started with Zoom Rooms by signing in to your Zoom Room computer with the user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege. You will then be able to choose the name of any of the rooms that you added.
Note: If you only added one Zoom Room, the room automatically uses that room’s name.
How to specify a default lock code
If the settings in your Zoom Rooms account do not already include a default lock code, a message appears that asks you to set this value. If you receive the message to specify a default lock code, enter a code that will be used as the lock code for rooms that are using the account-level code, then click Save.