There are 2 ways to add Zoom Rooms: from the Zoom web portal or on the Zoom Room Controller.
You can quickly add a new Zoom Room from the web portal. Setting the room up from the web portal allows you to set the room name, a calendar integration, location, the room passcode and other optional room settings.
Note: For information about account-level settings, as well as how to specify settings for different locations (including country, city, campus, building, and floor) of your Zoom Rooms hierarchy, see Zoom Rooms Location Hierarchy.
Adding a Zoom Room
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as a user with Zoom Rooms privileges.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Add Room.
- Select the type of room.
- Enter a name for the room.
Note: For accounts with fewer than 10 licenses, if you enter a name with Chinese characters, the room name is limited to 10 characters.
- (Optional) If you’ve already linked a calendar service, choose the calendar for this room. You can also choose the calendar at a later time.
- Select the location of the room.
- If you are adding multiple rooms, click Save & Add Another, then repeat steps 4-7 for each room.
- Click Finish.
The list of rooms will appear on the Rooms tab and are available for use by the Zoom Rooms software on the devices in your conference rooms.
- Complete the setup steps described in Getting Started with Zoom Rooms, signing in to your Mac or Windows Zoom Room computer with Zoom user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege. You will be able to choose the name of any of the rooms that you added.
Note: If you only added one Zoom Room, the room automatically uses that room’s name.
Specifying a default lock code
If the settings in your Zoom Rooms account do not already include a default lock code, a message appears that asks you to set this value. If you receive the message to specify a default lock code, enter a code that will be used as the lock code for rooms that are using the account-level code, then click Save.