Zoom optimizes screen sharing of a full screen video clip to ensure the attendees have the best quality experience. Learn more about screen sharing.
If sharing a video file that is stored locally on the computer, we recommend using the video share feature, which will provide better quality due to decreased CPU usage.
Note: Only follow these steps if you are screen sharing a video clip. If you are not sharing a video, make sure you turn off the option to optimize for full-screen video clip.
- At least 1.5Mbps uplink and downlink for full screen HD
- Play video clip at full screen
Note: We recommend sharing videos with 1080p resolution or below. If the content is higher than 1080p, Zoom will downsample the footage to conserve bandwidth usage, which will cause increased CPU usage and poorer quality.
Starting a new screen share and optimizing for full-screen video
- Click Share Screen located in your meeting controls. Learn more about screen sharing.
- Select the screen you want to share and select Optimize for video clip.
- Click Share to begin sharing.
- Start playing your video in full-screen while sharing your screen.
Optimizing for full-screen video while screen sharing
- Click More in the screen share controls.
- Click Optimize for video clip to enable.
- Start playing your video while sharing your screen.