Using SIP/H.323 rooms directory
The H.323/SIP rooms directory allows you to enter H.323 IP addresses or SIP URIs as contacts for use with the H.323/SIP Room Connector Call-Out feature on the Windows and Mac Zoom Client.
This article covers:
- How to add a room to the H.323/SIP room directory
- How to call an H.323/SIP room with the rooms directory
Prerequisites for using SIP/H.323 rooms directory
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Conference Room Connector add-on
- Account owner or admin privileges to add a room system to the Directory
- Zoom Client version 3.5 or higher
How to add a room to the H.323/SIP room directory
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu click Room Management then H.323/SIP Room Connector.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click Add a H.323/SIP Device.
- In the Add a H.323/SIP Device pop-up window, enter the room details as follow:
- Protocol: H.323 or SIP
- Display Name: Enter your preferred name to be seen in the directory
- IP Address or H.323 Extension: Enter the public IP address (can include E.164 Address) or the SIP URI of the room system
- Encryption: Auto, Yes, or No
- Click Add.
- (Optional) On the right of the device added, click Edit to make any modification for your H.323/SIP device.
- (Optional) On the right of the device added, click Delete to remove that device from the list or click Batch Delete to delete several devices at once.
- (Optional) Click Import H.323/SIP Device List, to add a bulk of devices at once (you can download our sample CSV file below).
How to call an H.323/SIP room with the rooms directory
- Start a Zoom Meeting.
- Click Participants .
- Click Invite.
- Click Room System.
- Click Call Out.
- Under IP address or E.164 number dropdown, select the room you want to call out to.
- Select H.323 or SIP.
- Click Call.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.