When a user schedules a meeting and invites a Zoom Room on the same account, the Zoom Room can start the meeting without the host needing to join from the desktop client or mobile app. This will give the Zoom Room full host controls.
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- macOS: 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher
- iOS: 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
Note: For devices running older versions of Zoom Rooms, they will automatically take host control if they are on the same account as the host and join the meeting before the host.
The setting Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host is automatically enabled. If you need to disable or re-enable this setting for all Zoom Rooms on your account, follow the instructions below. This setting can also be enabled for an individual room, floor, or location.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Verify that Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host is enabled.