When a user schedules a meeting and invites a Zoom Room on the same account, the Zoom Room can join the meeting without the host needing to start it from the desktop client or mobile app. This will give the Zoom Room full host controls.
Prerequisites for joining as a Zoom Room host
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- macOS: 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher
- iOS: 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
- Role on the web portal with Zoom Rooms privileges (to enable)
Note: Devices running older versions of Zoom Rooms will automatically take host control if they are on the same account as the host and join the meeting before the host.
How to enable joining as a Zoom Rooms host
The setting Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host is enabled by default. If you need to disable or re-enable this setting for all Zoom Rooms on your account, you can do so from the web portal. This setting can also be enabled for using the location hierarchy.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management, then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Verify that the toggle for Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host is enabled .
- If the toggle is disabled , click it and then click Enable in the next window.