When a user schedules a meeting and invites a Zoom Room on the same account, the Zoom Room can be an alternative host and start the meeting without the user needing to join from the desktop client or mobile app. This will give the Zoom Room full host controls.
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- macOS: 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher
- iOS: 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
Note: For devices running older versions of Zoom Rooms, they will automatically take host control if they are on the same account as the host and join the meeting before the host.
The setting to make Zoom Rooms an alternative host is automatically enabled. If you need to disable or re-enable this setting, follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Verify that Make Zoom Rooms an alternative host is enabled.