The in-meeting chat allows you to send chat messages to other users within a meeting. You can send a private message to an individual user or you can send a message to an entire group. As the host, you can choose who the participants can chat with or to disable chat entirely.
In-meeting chat can be saved manually or automatically. Auto-save chat will automatically save your in-meeting chat locally on your computer. You can also manually save your chat when you start local or cloud recording.
This article covers
- Accessing the Chat in a Meeting from a Desktop Device
- Accessing the Chat in a Meeting from a Mobile Device
- Meeting with Chat Enabled
- While in a meeting, click Chat in the meeting controls.
- This will open the chat on the right. You can type a message into the chat box or click on the drop down next to To: if you want to send a message to a specific person.
- When new chat messages are sent to you or everyone, a preview of the message will appear and Chat will flash orange in your host controls.
- While screen sharing, click More in the meeting controls. Choose Chat.
- A floating chat window will appear.
- If you receive new chat messages while screen share, the more button will flash orange to indicate the incoming message. You can click on More, then Chat to open the window.
- While in a meeting, tap the screen to make the screen to make the controls appear.
- Click on Participants.
- At the bottom of the participants list, click on Chat.
- You can type your chat message and click Send or if you want to change who it is being sent to, click the arrow next to Send to: and choose a different person or group of people.
- Incoming chats will be displayed at the bottom of your screen and you can click on Participants then Chat to view them.