The H.323/SIP Room Connector call-out feature allows you to dial out to an H.323 or SIP room system from the Zoom Client using the public IP address or SIP URI assigned to the device.
- At least one Room Connector port subscription is required. A device connected via call-out will count as one port
- Host of the meeting must be on a Zoom Pro account
- Device must have an external, public IP address or SIP URI
- External calls to the device must be allowed on your network firewall. See the Zoom Room Connector network firewall rules for port information
- Zoom version 3.5 or higher is required to use the call-out feature.
Using H.323/SIP Call-out
- Start a Zoom meeting as a Licensed user.
- Select Invite on the Zoom meeting toolbar.
- Select Invite a Room System.
- Select the Call Out tab
- Enter the IP address or SIP URI of the H.323 or SIP device, or select a device from the H.323/SIP Rooms Directory
- Select the type of call you would wish to make - H.323 or SIP
- Press Call
- Click Show Keypad if you need to enter digits (e.g. meeting ID) during the call-out.
- Enter numbers using the pop-up keypad.
Setting the call speed for call-out to H.323 devices
The default call-out speed is 1920kbps (maximum). To set the call speed when using the Zoom call-out feature, you can enter the speed in to the dial string as seen in the below examples.
[IP address]##[E.164 address];speed=1472k
Sending DTMF tones in call-out to H.323 devices
To send DTMF tones when connecting to a Gatekeeper, MCU, or other H.323/SIP hardware that requires a party number, conference number, or e.164 address, you can enter these in the Call-out dial string.
[IP address];dtmf=[DTMF tones]
- DTMF tones have a 1 second interval
- Entering a "," will pause 1 second in between DTMF tones
Device IP address: 188.8.131.52
Conference Number: 15562
- Dials IP address 184.108.40.206
- Send DTMF tones '1' '5' '5' '6' '2' '#' pause pause '6' '2' '2' '#'
To add a call speed along with DTMF tones (using the example above):
Desired Call-Speed: 768 kbps