Published November 2016
How To Record?
Zoom offers the two recording options
Cloud recording is available to paid subscribers. It allows you to record meeting video (active speaker) and audio in the Zoom Cloud where the file can then be downloaded and/or streamed from a browser via HTML 5 or Flash. The recorded meetings can be managed or shared online by logging in to your account and visiting the My Recordings page.
Local recording is available to free and paid subscribers. Local recording allows you to record meeting video and audio locally on your computer or shared network drive. The recorded file can then be uploaded to your company streaming server or public streaming server such as Vimeo or Youtube.
New: Watch the All About Recording video webinar.
- A Zoom Pro, Business or Education Plan
- A Cloud Recording add-on subscription plan
- Account Admin can enable or disable in Account Management
- Members must have a Pro license
- Zoom client version 3.5 or higher is required on PC, Mac, iOS and Android
Storage and Playback/Download
- The following goes over the amount of free storage capacity accounts are provided with
|Plan Type||Number of Licenses||Free Account Capacity|
- An email alert will be sent to account Owner when usage is at 80% of the subscribed storage limit.
- Pricing for additional storage is as follows:
|Plan||Storage||Additional 1 GB|
|Pay As You Go||$10 per 1 GB||-|
|$100 per Month||15 GB||$7|
|$500 per Month||100 GB||$5|
How to enable the Cloud Recording?
1) Enable Cloud Recording on Your Account
- Log in to your Account Management page as an Owner or Admin
- Under the Recording Options, select "Enable Cloud Recording"
- Save Options
- This will allow Pro users to enable Cloud Recording for their meetings.
*Note: account Admins and Owners can disable the download feature for recordings on the account by selecting "Disable Cloud Recording download" on the Account Management page.
2) Enable Cloud Recording as an End-User
After an account Owner or Admin has enabled Cloud Recording on the account, each Pro user will need to then enable Cloud Recording for their meetings.
- Log in to your Profile Settings page
- Under the Recording Options, select "Cloud Recording"
- Save Changes
3) Recording a Meeting to the Cloud
- Start a meeting
- Select the Record button in the Zoom toolbar
- Select "Start Cloud Recording"
- To stop the recording press Stop Recording or end the meeting
Once the recording has been stopped, the recording must be processed before viewing. Zoom will send an email to the host email address when the process is completed.
For recording on mobile, please see How Do I Record on Mobile Devices?
4) Viewing the Cloud Recording
The recorded meeting can be seen by logging in to your account and selecting the My Recordings page.
- If your meeting has not finished converting, the recording will show in the list, but you will see a "Processing Recording..." message indicating that it is still processing
Once the process is completed, you will be able to Play, Share, Download or Delete your cloud recording.
5) Password protect your Cloud Recording
If you wish to limit the access to download/viewing your cloud recording, you can password protect the recording.