Note: Cloud recordings generally take about 2 times the meeting duration to process. Due to unusually high volume during the COVID-19 pandemic, cloud recordings may require extra processing time that may take up to 24 to 72 hours.
Cloud recording is automatically enabled for all paid subscribers. When you record a meeting and choose Record to the Cloud, the video, audio, and chat text are recorded in the Zoom cloud. The recording files can be downloaded to a computer or streamed from a browser.
- You can also start cloud recordings on iOS and Android.
- You can record the meeting in multiple different recording layouts including active speaker, gallery view, and shared screen.
- If you're having issues with cloud recording, see our frequently asked questions about recording.
- Zoom also offers local recording, which saves the recording files to your computer.
- Accounts with added HIPAA security may have this feature disabled entirely. Please contact your Account Executive regarding enabling this for your account.
- Cloud recordings can not be embedded on websites, in order to protect the security of the recording.
- Zoom offers a variety of cloud recording storage options.
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Licensed user
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 3.5 or higher
- macOS: 3.5 or higher
- Linux: 3.5 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 3.5 or higher
- iOS: 3.5 or higher
- Cloud recording enabled
- Cloud recording settings selected as desired
How to start a cloud recording
Note: Only hosts and co-hosts can start a cloud recording. If you want a participant to start a recording, you can make them a co-host or use local recording. Recordings started by co-hosts will still appear in the host's recordings in the Zoom web portal.
To record a meeting to the cloud manually (you can also start your cloud recording automatically):
- Start your instant or scheduled meeting as the host.
- Click the Record button.
- Select Record to the Cloud to begin recording.
Note: If you are muted, a Recording Alert pop-up window will appear indicating You are muted.
- To stop recording, click Pause / Stop Recording or End Meeting.
Note: Once the meeting has ended, the recording must be processed before viewing. Zoom will send an email to the host's email address when the process is completed. There will be two links in the email, the first will be for the host, only to manage the recording. The second link will be for the participants.
- Manage your cloud recordings with the following actions: