Group Management allows you turn settings on or off for a group of users in your account. You can also lock settings on or off to force them on or disable them for the group.
The group settings mirror the settings available for the entire account and for individual users. Settings can also be turned on or off and be locked at the Account level. If not locked for the account or group, they can be adjusted by the individual user. Read more about Tiered Settings.
This article covers:
- Adding a New Group
- Adding Members to a Group
- Changing Group Settings
- Settings List
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account Owner or Admin Permissions
- Login to your Zoom account the web and choose Group Management.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the new group.
- Click Save.
- This group will now show up in your groups list.
- Login to your Zoom web portal and navigate to User Management.
- Check the users you want to add to the group.
- Click Group.
- Confirm the list of users.
- Select the name of the group from the User Group drop down menu.
- Click Save.
- From the Group Management page, click the name of the group.
- Click the gear icon Group Settings.
- This will open the Settings. Settings are under three tabs: Meetings, Recording, and Telephone.
- Click to toggle a setting on or off.
- Click the lock icon to lock a setting. If you lock a setting, the group members will not be able to modify it individually.
- Settings can also be locked at the account level. This will be noted next to the setting. If a setting is locked at the account level, you will need to change it under Account Settings.
The following list includes possible settings available under Group Management. Some settings are dependent on certain prerequisites. If you do not see a setting listed for your group, review the article on the setting to see if your account meets those prerequisites.
- Host video
- Participants video
- Audio Type
- Join before host
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting
- Require a password for Personal Meetings if attendees can join before host
- Generate and require password for participants joining by phone
- Audio Conferencing
- Mute participants upon entry
- Upcoming meeting reminder
In Meeting (Basic)
- End-to-end encryption
- Private chat
- Auto saving chats
- File transfer
- Feedback to Zoom
- Display end-of-meeting experience feedback survey
- Allow host to put attendee on hold
- Always show meeting control bar
- Show Zoom windows during screen share
- Remote control
- Nonverbal feedback
- Allow removed participants to rejoin
In Meeting (Advanced)
- Breakout room
- Remote support
- Closed captioning
- Far end camera control
- Group HD Video
- Virtual background
- Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar
- Auto-answer group in chat
- Only show default email when sending email invites
- Use HTML format email for Outlook plugin
- DSCP marking
- Allow users to select stereo audio in their client settings
- Allow users to select original sound in their client settings
- Show H.323/SIP device list
- Only the host can view the H.323/SIP device list
- Screen sharing
- Attention tracking
- Waiting room
- Show a "Join from your browser" link
- Allow live streaming the meetings
- When a cloud recording is available
- When attendees join meeting before host
- When a meeting is cancelled
- When an alternative host is set or removed from a meeting
- When someone scheduled a meeting for a host
- Blur snapshot on task switcher
- Local Recording
- Cloud Recording
- Automatic Recording
- Cloud recording downloads
- Share cloud recordings only with members of my account
- The host can delete cloud recordings
- Auto delete cloud recordings after days
- Multiple audio notifications of recording meeting