Zoom allows you to add users to your user management list by uploading a CSV file. Please make sure to reference the parameters shown when importing users to User Management.
- CSV format: email,first_name,last_name,department,user group, IM group. Department, user group, and IM group are optional fields.
- User is listed in Pending tab prior to activation or acceptance.
- Max records must be less than 9999.
If you are uploading a CSV file exported from your Zoom account, confirm that the format matches the format listed above.
Note: You will need to create one CSV file for each set of features you would like to apply. For example, you will need a CSV file for all Pro users that you would like to add, a CSV file for Pro users with a Webinar license, a CSV file for Basic users, etc.
This article covers:
- Zoom account: free with credit card, Pro, Education or Business
- Owner or admin access
Generating the CSV file in Excel
- Open a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
- Input users' information following the CSV format: email, first_name, last_name, department, user group
Note: use separate column for separate credentials (i.e. column:A email, column B, first name etc.)
- Click File, then Export or Save As.
- Click Change File Type
- Choose CSV (comma delimited).
- Click Save As to save in your local documents.
Note: You can find a sample .csv file sheet with the correct format by downloading the attached .csv file at the bottom of this page.
Adding a CSV file in Zoom
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click User Management > Users.
- Click Import.
- Designate Basic, Pro, or Corp as the license type. Select any features you would like to apply. This pertains to all users included in the CSV file.
- Click Upload CSV file to find your .csv file
- Click on your .csv file, then choose Open.
- Users will now appear on the pending tab of User Management. They will receive an account activation email to join your Zoom account and will appear in your Users list once they accept the invitation.