You can set up a Direct Wi-Fi connection from your Zoom Room Mac computer to the Zoom Rooms Controller if your location only has an Ethernet connection or if your network does not allow the traffic between the Zoom Rooms computer and controller.
A direct Wi-Fi connection is only available with a Mac computer and an ethernet connection. If you only have Wi-Fi or a PC computer, you will need to configure your network firewall to allow traffic between the Zoom Room computer and controller. Read about the firewall settings for Zoom Rooms.
- Mac computer
- Ethernet connection to computer
To set up a direct internet sharing WiFi
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click Sharing.
- Click Internet Sharing.
- Click the Share your connection from menu and choose Thunderbolt Ethernet.
- In the To computers using list, check Wi-Fi.
- Click Wi-Fi Options.
- Set a name and password for your network.
- Click OK.
- Check the box for Internet Sharing.
- Confirm that you would like to turn on Internet Sharing by clicking Start.
- On the Zoom Room Controller, select the Wi-Fi network that you created in Step 7.