Scheduling a webinar without registration
Scheduling a webinar without registration will allow attendees to join without needing to register or create a Zoom account in advance, although attendees will be required to enter their name and email address upon joining. This information may be available in reporting.
Alternatively, you can schedule a webinar with registration to collect additional information.
Prerequisites for scheduling a webinar without registration
- A Licensed user with the Zoom Webinars Add-on (500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, or 50000)
How to schedule a webinar without registration
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Webinars.
The list of scheduled webinars will appear.
- Click Schedule a Webinar.
- Adjust the following settings for your desired webinar experience:
- Schedule For: If you have scheduling privilege for another user, you will be able to choose who you want to schedule for from the drop-down. They will also need to be a Licensed user and have a webinar add-on license. Learn more about scheduling privilege.
- Topic: Enter a name for your webinar.
- Description: Enter an optional webinar description, which appears on your registration page.
- Use a template: If you have previously created webinar templates, you can choose one of them to apply to this new webinar.
- When: Select a date and time for your webinar.
- Duration: Choose the approximate duration of the webinar. This is only for scheduling purposes, as the webinar will not end after this length of time.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use the time zone that you set in your Profile. Click the drop-down to select a different time zone.
- Recurring webinar: Select the check box if you would like to make this a recurring webinar, meaning the meeting ID will remain the same for each session. This will open up additional recurrence options:
- Recurrence: Select how often you need the webinar to recur: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or No Fixed Time. Recurring webinars can have up to 50 unique sessions. If you need more than 50 recurrences, use the No Fixed Time option, although it is not possible to utilize registration with No Fixed Time.
- The other recurrence options will depend on how often the webinar recurs. You can configure the webinar to end after a set amount of occurrences or have the recurring webinar end on a specific date.
- List this webinar in the Public Event List: If your account has the Public Event List enabled, select this option to include this webinar in the list.
- Registration: Select the check box to require registration. If registration is required and the webinar is a recurring event, specify one of the following options:
- Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences: Registrants can attend all of the occurrences. All dates and times of the webinar will be listed and the registrant will be registered for all occurrences.
- Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend: Registrants need to register separately for each occurrence to attend. They can only choose one date and time on the registrant page.
- Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend: Registrants register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend. They will need to select which dates and times they would like to attend and they will only be registered for those occurrences. They can choose multiple options.
- Require panelists to authenticate to join
- Require attendees to authenticate to join: Restrict access to the webinar so that only signed-in users can join.
Note: If you select Sign in to Zoom with specified domain, you can't add any domains that are included on the domain block list.
- Add watermark that identifies the viewing participant
- Webinar Passcode: Select the check box if you require participants to enter a passcode to join your webinar, and edit the required passcode here. If joining manually, participants will be required to input this passcode before joining your webinar. It will be included in the registration confirmation email and if they join by clicking the link in this email, they will not need to enter the passcode.
- Video: Select whether video can be enabled or not during the webinar.
- Host: Choose if you would like the host's video on or off when joining the webinar. Even if you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Panelists: Choose if you would like the panelists' videos on or off when joining the webinar. If you choose off, panelists will not be able to turn their video on, unless you allow this during the webinar.
- Audio: Choose whether to allow users to call in by Telephone only, Computer Audio only, Telephone and Computer Audio (both), or 3rd Party Audio (if enabled for your account).
Note: For telephone options to display for attendees, your admin needs to enable the account-level setting Allow webinar attendees to dial in through above numbers.
- Webinar Options: Select the check boxes next to the additional options that give you greater control of the webinar.
- Q&A: Use a question and answer panel in your webinar. Learn more about Q&A.
- Enable Practice Session: Start the webinar in a practice session instead of a live broadcast. Learn more about practice session.
- Enable HD video for screen shared video
- Enable HD video for attendees
- Request permission to unmute panelists: Allows webinar panelists to choose if they wish the host to have pre-approved consent to unmute them.
- Make the webinar on-demand: This will automatically record the webinar in the cloud and share a link with all registrants.
- Record the webinar automatically: Check this option to automatically record the webinar. Choose if you want to record the webinar locally (requires the host to join via a desktop computer) or the Zoom cloud.
- Enable additional data center regions for this webinar: Allows the host to designate other data centers for attendees to connect to for this webinar. This can be useful when attendees will be joining from a region that differs from the host, allowing for better connections to a more local data center for attendees.
- Approve or deny entry to users from certain regions and countries: Host can either allow only participants from specific counties/regions to join, or block all participants from specific counties/regions.
- Alternative Hosts: Enter the email address of another Licensed Zoom user on your account to allow them to start the webinar in your absence. If enabled, you can also select the check box to Allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls. This feature requires Zoom client version 5.8.0 or higher. Learn more about alternative hosts.
- Enable language interpretation: Check to allow the host to designate participants as interpreters on the web portal or during a Zoom session.
- Click Schedule.
- Your webinar is now scheduled.
Under the Invitations tab in the Invite Attendees section, you can copy the join link or the full invitation to share with your attendees.
Note: If you want to convert your webinar to a meeting, click Convert this Webinar to a Meeting below the Webinar Options section after you schedule the webinar. Options like Q&A, multiple-answer questions, webinar-related email settings, surveys, and registration reports will be deleted.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.